NSC has developed an eight-part agenda that Congress can follow immediately to help more U.S. workers and businesses be part of an inclusive economic recovery.
- A safety net that supports workers’ long-term pathway to a skilled career
- A comprehensive approach to re-training and re-employment for all displaced workers
- Publicly funded job creation that includes training for those in need of a new career
- Support to local businesses to avert layoffs and encourage upskilling
- Sector partnerships to drive industry-specific training and hiring strategies
- Digital access and learning for all working people at home and on the job
- High quality, job-ready education for those who need to re-enter the labor market, including making college work for working people
- Public data and accountability regarding who is being included in this recovery
Not only are these proposals good policy, validated by the real-world expertise of our members, but according to a national poll, each proposal is supported by over 70 percent of voters.